Apply to a Program the Easier Way
Get to know the application process for teacher preparation programs so you can get started on the right foot.
Don’t waste time. Make your teaching program application stand out with these free tools.
Streamline Your Application
Have you found the teaching programs you like? It’s time to apply! Don’t worry: We’re always here if you need a boost.
Before you apply
Every program is different, but the one you apply to should:
- Be state-approved for where you want to teach. TeachSC only recommends state-approved programs.
- Offer a credential in the subject and grade you want to teach.
- (Bonus) Be accredited by the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation.
It’s go time
Your application is a one-stop-shop for admissions officers to review your fit for their program. At the end of the day, it’s just one piece of paper in a large stack, so we’ve compiled best practices to make yours rise to the top.
Get Sample Resumes, Essays and Letters of Rec
If you need to submit an essay, a statement of purpose, a resume or letters of recommendation—don’t panic! We have samples and templates you can use to get you started.
Stay on Track with Application Checklists
Create an application checklist to keep track of all program requirements, get deadline reminders and access best practices along the way. Then you can focus on what matters most: getting accepted and becoming a teacher.
Get Reimbursed for Your Expenses
Applying to a teacher preparation program means paying out of pocket for testing and application fees. That's why we offer fee reimbursements to TEACH users. If you apply to one of our partner programs, we'll refund you up to $100 towards your expenses.
Take the Stress Out of Applying—Talk to an Expert
Want some 1-on-1 advice? Sign up to discuss program requirements and deadlines. Our coaches will walk you through application steps and give you pro tips along the way.
- Personalized Advice. Our coaches get to know you, so the advice is worthwhile.
- Three Ways to Chat. Phone, video call or email—we’ve got you covered.
- Free Tools and Resources. Get an all-access pass to all TEACH South Carolina products and services once you schedule a call.
Create an Account
Sign up for your free, all-access pass to TeachSC products and services.
- Create a career roadmap.
- Get 1-on-1 expert advice.
- Follow how-to guides for getting certified.
- Access prep program application checklists.
- Claim fee reimbursements towards application and testing expenses.
We’re always working on something new to help the next generation of great teachers. With an account, you get first dibs!